Seasoned Pork Chop Meal
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cooking apples, such as Braeburn, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
Seasoned Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon pork seasoning blend* or ingredients listed below
- 2 boneless pork chops (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup water
Pecan Broccoli: Place broccoli on aluminum foil; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Wrap aluminum foil around broccoli to create a packet. Set aside.
Marmalade Apples: Using a spoon or melon baller remove core and seeds to create a small cavity in center of apple. Mix butter and brown sugar until well blended. Divide mixture evenly into center of each apple. Spoon marmalade over the butter mixture and top with almonds. Set aside.
Seasoned Pork Chops: Season both sides of pork chops evenly with seasoning blend. Rub pork chops with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Heat the remaining oil in Presto® 6- or 8-quart Pressure Cooker over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides and remove.
To Pressure Cook:
Place cooking rack (or basket) and 1 cup water in pressure cooker. Place chops on rack. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 3 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once. Open pressure cooker.
Arrange apples on rack with chops; place packet of broccoli on top of chops. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 3 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once.
If you prefer, substitute the following for the Pork & Veal Magic® seasoning blend: 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon filé powder, optional.