National Presto was founded in 1905 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and is recognized as a leader in the electric housewares industry due to its long history of innovation which has created major new categories of products. It is the company’s intention to continually provide innovative new products which meet the needs of today’s changing lifestyles, as well as a wide selection of basic appliances which reflect the image of quality long associated with the Presto® name.
Below are the positions available:
Product Development Engineer
National Presto Industries, located in Eau Claire, WI, is a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances with over 110 years of sustained innovation. We are looking for a talented Engineer to join our product development team.
This position is responsible for all aspects of product development from concept through production. The primary activity is defining the engineering and manufacturing specifications for consumer products including mechanical and thermal function and performance, material selection, 3D & 2D CAD modeling (SolidWorks preferred), verification testing, cost analysis, establishing quality control criteria, and monitoring production start. Some overseas travel is required.
• Ability to apply technical and engineering knowledge to the development and launch of innovative consumer products • BSME, BSEE, BS in mechanical technology, or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product design, engineering, and assisting in the manufacture of electromechanical and/or electrothermal consumer products
• Intermediate to advanced skill level required for 3D CAD solid modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
• Agency approval process knowledge such as UL, FDA or NSF is preferred.
• Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts and experience with PCBA’s preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of die cast, sheet metal, and plastic part design; materials and components selection; general electrical; and production methods.
• Ability to effectively plan and manage time to drive project assignments
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k), paid vacation, etc. For consideration, forward your resume and cover letter to: HRresumes@gopresto.com or by mail to 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703.
Patent & Trademark Prosecution Attorney
National Presto, Inc., located in Eau Claire, WI, a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances, is looking for a Patent & Trademark Prosecution Attorney to join our Legal department. National Presto has been manufacturing high-quality small household appliances for more than 110 years.
The Patent & Trademark Prosecution Attorney will manage intellectual property protection for the Company and its subsidiaries; draft, submit, and prosecute patent and trademark applications; assist in litigation related to patent, trademark, and copyright infringement; and coordinate with external associates. Provides legal advice regarding intellectual property including: strategic portfolio counseling, patent opinions (validity, infringement, FTO, patentability), trademark, and copyright protection. Maintains knowledge of scientific, technological, and legal developments including completion of continuing legal education.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of study that meets the scientific and technical training prescribed by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) required.
• Juris doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school required.
• Active license to practice law before a State Bar.
• Registration to practice in patent matters before the USPTO.
• 5+ years of experience as an IP attorney including experience in preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications.
• Demonstrated business acumen with past record of making sound business decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with upper management; personnel in other departments and other locations/subsidiaries; outside legal counsel; and various government and regulatory officials.
• Experience with a wide range of technologies, including mechanical devices, computer software, cloud computing, embedded firmware, internet of things (IoT) sensor devices, circuits, control and monitoring systems, electromechanical devices, and wireless communications.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid vacation, holidays, etc.
Please send your resume and samples of issued patents to: HRresumes@gopresto.com (preferred), or by mail to: 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact the Human Resources Department at 715-839-2203 or at HRresumes@gopresto.com to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
Copies of our Affirmative Action Plan for disabled workers and covered veterans are available for inspection between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m at our location, 3925 N. Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI.