National Presto was founded in 1905 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and is recognized as a leader in the electric housewares industry due to its long history of innovation which has created major new categories of products. It is the company’s intention to continually provide innovative new products which meet the needs of today’s changing lifestyles, as well as a wide selection of basic appliances which reflect the image of quality long associated with the Presto® name.
Below are the positions available:
Credit Deduction Specialist
National Presto Industries, Inc., a national leader in innovative kitchen appliances, is looking for a full-time Credit Deduction Specialist (CDS) to join our team at the corporate headquarters in Eau Claire. The CDS researches customer payment deductions, gathers all necessary backup, and issues credit and debit memos based on approved limits. Has contact with customers, sets up new accounts, maintains current accounts, and handles credit holds and credit line approvals.
· Resolving customer payment discrepancies
· Locating and pulling supporting documentations
· Review service station D&B reports, financial statements, and trade references
· Hold and release orders from credit holds
· Contact customers with past-due accounts to resolve credit issues
· Handle Credit Request correspondence to suppliers
· Enter return goods authorizations electronically
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in Accounting is preferred.
· 2 or more year’s accounting/clerical experience.
· Familiar with use of basic office equipment.
· Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Experience and accuracy with document management.
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff and external contacts.
· Ability to work with co-workers and superiors in a close environment.
· Ability to work in a group and independently with minimal supervision.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid vacation, holidays, etc. Please submit your resume and cover letter to HRResumes@gopresto.com (preferred), or by mail to: 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.
Digital Content Creator
The Digital Content Creator will create, develop, and perfect digital marketing content (including video, still photo, and graphics) as well as manage all aspects of the implementation and evaluation of digital marketing strategies, including digital advertising and social media campaigns. They will also create budgets for digital marketing initiatives, track return on investment (ROI) and ensure that such initiatives remain within budget. This position plays a pivotal role in growing our customer base and improving consumer experience.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Perform all aspects of creating digital content, including video and audio recording, production, editing, cameras, lighting, microphones and props
· Map out how digital assets will be created, utilized and optimized to achieve marketing goals and objectives
· Perform video production tasks, which include reviewing footage, adjusting audio, making color corrections, adding music, graphics, photographs, animation, and editing.
· Shoot and edit still photographs, including touch-ups, color correction, and re-sizing
· Explore social platforms, strategies, and tactics and identify new strategies
· Collaborate with employees in the creation of other advertising materials, packaging, websites, sales materials, and product instructions
· Analyze the short-term and long-term needs of the company’s digital advertising and social media marketing strategies and create reports for the management and executive teams that outline any recommended changes to the digital marketing plans
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in a professional video editing/producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production, experience creating digital advertising and social media campaigns, managing a team of employees, and a degree in marketing communications or related field. Strong copywriting, script writing skills, videography, photography, and editing skills are essential. Expert knowledge in text and graphic creation, lighting setup, audio/voice-over recording, use of stock footage and integration of all video, graphic and audio aspects during post-production is required. Candidates should be well versed in Adobe Products, including PhotoShop, Premiere, InDesign, and Illustrator.
National Presto, Inc., located in Eau Claire, WI, a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances, is looking for an Electronics Engineer to join our team. The electronics (a.k.a., electrical) engineer is responsible for designing, verifying/validating designs, sourcing and collaborating with manufacturers/suppliers, developing specifications and quality standards for integrated electronic/electrical systems within products ranging from small consumer appliances to IoT commercial safety devices. The position works closely with product development engineers, industrial designers, programmers, and suppliers to ensure product meets customer expectations and company objectives.
What you bring:
- Intermediate skill level with electrical CAD, schematic design, circuit layout / PCBA design, and integration within enclosure often with user interface
- Understanding and ability to incorporate various forms of wireless communication systems into consumer products (i.e., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, infrared, LoRaWAN, Cellular, etc.) including antenna selection/design and integration into IoT
- Expert understanding of RF/EMC/EMI related technology and equipment, including Spectrum Analyzers, RF Amplifiers, and test (semi-anechoic) chambers
- Knowledge of various display types (i.e., LCD, LED, capacitive touch, dot matrix, etc.)
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing methods, relative costs, and quality control practices
- Experience with general tools, instruments, measurement techniques and processes
- Excellent judgment, decision making, and critical thinking skills
- Creative and scientific problem solving skills
- Proficiency with PCs and various Windows-based programs including the following: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), EasyEDA or similar for PCBA design, SOLIDWORKS 3D/2D CAD for mechanical modeling/drafting, and SOLIDWORKS PDM for file management and revision control.
- BSEE or equivalent
What you will do:
- Create the engineering and manufacturing specifications for electrical / electronic systems within consumer products
- Develop verification and validation plans, monitor progress, analyze results, and recommend/implement improvements based on these results for new and current products
- Utilize electrical CAD to develop schematics, design PCBA’s (including components, traces, silk screen, etc.), create/manage BOM(s), simulate functionality, etc.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering to verify all wire routing, electrical connections, fit, function, DFM, and DFQ
- Provide definition and direction in procurement of prototypes, models, and samples
- Interpret and communicate technical information and project status
- Lead and coordinate project activities with internal and external resources
- Determine testing requirements regarding agency certifications, performance, reliability and durability
- Establish critical to quality (CTQ) criteria for QC and QA inspections
- Conduct preliminary patent searches, analyze existing patents and publications, and provide support for patent filing and IP protection
A Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years’ experience in electric/electronic engineering is required. The ideal candidate for this positon will enjoy using their technical and engineering knowledge to assist with the development of innovative consumer products and hands-on product experimentation. An understanding of basic engineering fundamentals, such as heat transfer, materials, and mechanics is a must. This position includes occasional extended travel (2-3 weeks), both domestic and abroad, approximately 1 to 2 times per year.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid vacation, holidays, etc. Please send your resume and cover letter to: HRresumes@gopresto.com (preferred), or by mail to: 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact the Human Resources Department at 715-839-2203 or at HRresumes@gopresto.com to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
Copies of our Affirmative Action Plan for disabled workers and covered veterans are available for inspection between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m at our location, 3925 N. Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI.