National Presto was founded in 1905 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and is recognized as a leader in the electric housewares industry due to its long history of innovation which has created major new categories of products. It is the company’s intention to continually provide innovative new products which meet the needs of today’s changing lifestyles, as well as a wide selection of basic appliances which reflect the image of quality long associated with the Presto® name.
Below are the positions available:
National Presto Industries, located in Eau Claire, WI, is a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances with over 110 years of sustained innovation. We are currently looking for an Internal Auditor provide Senior Management with evaluations and recommendations pertaining to company operations in regard to internal controls and compliance with company policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Prior Auditing experience preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with computerized accounting system and proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Integrate internal and external audit activities
- Evaluate risk exposures relating to the Company’s governance, operations, and information systems in accordance with the following objectives:
- Evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and proper application of the Company’s system of controls
- Determination of the extent of compliance with these controls and other established policies, plans, procedures, and regulatory requirements;
- Determination of the extent to which Company assets are accounted for and safeguarded; and
- Appraisal of the economy and efficiency of Company operations.
- Coordinate the annual financial statement audit, quarterly reviews, and benefit plan audits with external auditors, providing assistance to reduce external auditors’ workload
- Prepare annual operational audit schedule, including input from senior management, and obtain Audit Committee approval
- Considering both financial and operational aspects of the Company, identify, analyze, evaluate, and record sufficient information to achieve the objectives of each review and audit.
- Identify factors causing deficient conditions and provide constructive, economical, and practical recommendations to management to strengthen controls, increase efficiency, and/or decrease costs, following up on agreed upon recommendations to verify implementation.
- Submit audit reports and/or orally provide communication on findings and recommendations to management, Audit Committee, and external auditors
- Meet with the Audit Committee as requested or as necessary for reporting purposes and audit guidance
- Conduct special investigations or reviews as requested by management, external auditors or the Audit Committee for fraud, conflicts of interest, and other potentially sensitive areas
- Train, manage, and provide feedback to internal audit interns in performance of assigned tasks.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required of this position. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Job functions are subject to modification.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k), paid vacation, etc. For consideration, forward your resume and cover letter to HRresumes@gopresto.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact the Human Resources Department at 715-839-2203 or at HRresumes@gopresto.com to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
Copies of our Affirmative Action Plan for disabled workers and covered veterans are available for inspection between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m at our location, 3925 N. Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI.