National Presto was founded in 1905 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and is recognized as a leader in the electric housewares industry due to its long history of innovation which has created major new categories of products. It is the company’s intention to continually provide innovative new products which meet the needs of today’s changing lifestyles, as well as a wide selection of basic appliances which reflect the image of quality long associated with the Presto® name.
Below are the positions available:
Patent & Trademark Prosecution Attorney
National Presto, Inc., located in Eau Claire, WI, a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances, is looking for a Patent & Trademark Prosecution Attorney to join our Legal department. National Presto has been manufacturing high-quality small household appliances for more than 110 years.
The Patent & Trademark Prosecution Attorney will manage intellectual property protection for the Company and its subsidiaries; draft, submit, and prosecute patent and trademark applications; assist in litigation related to patent, trademark, and copyright infringement; and coordinate with external associates. Provides legal advice regarding intellectual property including: strategic portfolio counseling, patent opinions (validity, infringement, FTO, patentability), trademark, and copyright protection. Maintains knowledge of scientific, technological, and legal developments including completion of continuing legal education.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of study that meets the scientific and technical training prescribed by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) required.
• Juris doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school required.
• Active license to practice law before a State Bar.
• Registration to practice in patent matters before the USPTO.
• 5+ years of experience as an IP attorney including experience in preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications.
• Demonstrated business acumen with past record of making sound business decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with upper management; personnel in other departments and other locations/subsidiaries; outside legal counsel; and various government and regulatory officials.
• Experience with a wide range of technologies, including mechanical devices, computer software, cloud computing, embedded firmware, internet of things (IoT) sensor devices, circuits, control and monitoring systems, electromechanical devices, and wireless communications.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid vacation, holidays, etc.
Please send your resume and samples of issued patents to: HRresumes@gopresto.com (preferred), or by mail to: 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.
National Presto Industries, located in Eau Claire, WI, is a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances with over 110 years of sustained innovation. We are currently looking for a Machinist/Welder for our Model Shop. The Model Shop provides functional prototypes and photo quality models supporting our new product development needs for testing and presentations to our customers.
This position will use a diverse set of skills regarding traditional fabrication techniques and rapid prototyping FDM and is responsible for all aspects of machining and fabrication to produce quality parts; including set up and operation of CNC machines, sets-up and operates all manual machines such as engine lathes, drill press, vertical and horizontal milling machines, power and manual shears, break presses, surface grinders, etc. Set-up and operate TIG and MIG welders, heat treatment furnaces, and oxygen and acetylene torch equipment in a safe manner. Performs brazing and soldering operations on a variety of materials. Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Associate’s degree in machine tool techniques
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field
- General knowledge of the use of CNC machine, sheet metal fabrication and CAM software
- Basic welding experience using TIG/MIG welding equipment preferred
- Must be familiar with the use of measuring equipment and be able to read and interpret drawings
- Must be computer literate and able to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal
- Must be able to occasionally lift/push/pull objects that are 75 pounds or heavier
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k), paid vacation, etc. For consideration, forward your resume and cover letter to: HRresumes@gopresto.com or by mail to 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Representative
National Presto, Inc., located in Eau Claire, WI, a nationally recognized manufacturer of small household appliances, is looking for a Human Resources Representative to join our Human Resources department. National Presto has been manufacturing high-quality small household appliances for more than 110 years.
The Human Resources Rep contributes to the accomplishment of human resources practices and objectives and assists in the establishment of an employee-oriented, high performance culture through the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Rep assists the HR Manager with the implementation of policies and procedures and assists corporate managers and subsidiaries with HR issues. Communicates with colleagues, managers and benefit providers to provide information, assistance and resolution regarding employment, payroll, Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), workers’ compensation, benefits, employee relations and terminations, ensureing compliance with federal and state laws. Responsible for employee engagement activities and collaborates on employee newsletters and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or successful completion of PHR/SHRM-CP certification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resources, prior recruiting experience a plus
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Knowledge of human resources policies, government regulations, and employment laws and practices
- Experience in administration of benefits and compensation programs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface with individuals at all corporate levels, as well as others outside the office
- Excellent organizational abilities and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and work independently
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and AS400
- Electronic and paper document management skills
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid vacation, holidays, etc. Please send your resume and cover letter to: HRresumes@gopresto.com (preferred), or by mail to: 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact the Human Resources Department at 715-839-2203 or at HRresumes@gopresto.com to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
Copies of our Affirmative Action Plan for disabled workers and covered veterans are available for inspection between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m at our location, 3925 N. Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI.