Glazed Root Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium turnips, peeled, cut into eighths
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning mix*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- 1/4 cup cold water, optional
Heat butter in Presto® 4-, 6-, or 8-quart Pressure Cooker over medium heat. Add turnip wedges and carrots; sauté for 3 minutes. Add parsnips, chicken broth, sugar, and ginger. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. COOK 1 MINUTE at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once. Sauce may be thickened, if desired; combine cornstarch and water. Stir into sauce. Heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
Watch Chef Marty Cosgrove prepare Glazed Root Vegetables in this video.
*Such as Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Vegetable Magic® seasoning blend.