Zesty Tortellini Soup
14 servings (serving size 1 cup)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 7 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini noodles
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat Presto® multi-cooker at 375°. Brown sausage. Remove sausage to a bowl. Reduce heat to 300°; add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Return sausage to multi-cooker and add carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and basil. Heat until boiling. Turn heat control down until pilot lot goes out. Cover and simmer 25 minutes. Add tortellini, zucchini, parsley, and pepper. Cover and simmer 8 minutes. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Multi-Cookers/Steamers.
Recipe can be doubled if using the Kitchen Kettle XL™ multi-cooker.