Summer Vegetable Frittata (16-inch Skillet)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Seasoning mix, to taste, if desired
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large zucchini, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (5- to 6-ounce) bag baby spinach, chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, divided
Heat Presto® 16-inch Electric Skillet at 250°. Add oil and bacon; cook until bacon begins to crisp, stirring frequently.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and seasoning mix, if desired. Stir in basil and parsley; set aside.
Add red pepper and zucchini to bacon in skillet; cook at 225° until crisp tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook, covered, just until wilted, about 2 minutes. Uncover and stir mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the vegetable mixture. Stir in eggs, distributing evenly with vegetables and cheese. Cook, until sides set, about 7 minutes, occasionally loosening sides with spatula and allowing uncooked egg to run under edge. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, until set, about 9 minutes.
Recipe from Eclectic Electric Skillet Cookbook
Watch Chef Kevin Belton prepare Summer Vegetable Frittatas in this video.