Summer Fruit Sensation Stuffed Waffle
- Crumble (see recipe below, prepare in advance)
- Strawberry-Peach Filling (see recipe below, prepare in advance)
- Classic Waffle Batter (see recipe below)
- Filling per Waffle
- 1/3 cup Strawberry-Peach Filling
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons Crumble
Prepare Crumble, Strawberry-Peach Filling, and waffle batter as directed. Preheat Stuffler® stuffed waffle maker with waffle tongs in unit for 10 minutes.
Spread about 1/3 cup batter into waffle maker so bottom grids and waffle divider are thinly but completely covered. Spoon 1/3 cup filling onto batter leaving a thin margin around edge. Pour additional batter over filling until it reaches the top of the square projections on the waffle tongs. Close waffle maker and flip. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove stuffed waffle to plate. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Crumble. (Remaining filling and crumble can be frozen and used later.)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Mix pecans, coconut, brown sugar, and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring and gently tossing, until golden and aromatic. Cool completely.
- 3 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca
Simmer strawberries and peaches in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, mix lemon juice, water, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl. Stir mixture and the cinnamon stick into simmering fruit. Continue to simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. The liquid should reduce slightly and the fruits should be soft, yet still hold their shape. Add instant tapioca and mix well. Simmer and stir to dissolve for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
Frozen fruit, partially thawed and cut as directed, may be substituted for fresh fruit.