Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons soft cream cheese, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Using a meat mallet pound chicken breasts until they are flattened to a uniform thickness, about 1/4 inch. Spread each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Set aside.
Heat Presto® Electric Skillet at 250°. Add oil and onion to the center of the skillet; cook about 2 minutes, until onion is softened. Turn off heat control. Remove onions from skillet and place in a medium bowl; stir in spinach and Swiss cheese. Place spinach mixture, dividing evenly, in the center of each chicken breast; fold up sides. Secure seams with toothpicks.
Heat skillet at 250°. Place chicken breasts in skillet. Heat, covered for 9 minutes. Turn chicken breasts, cover and cook for an additional 8 to 9 minutes, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Skillets.