Spinach and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- 1 recipe Parmesan Pizza Dough (below)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large Spanish onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, large stems removed
- 1/4 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Prepare Parmesan Pizza Dough as directed below.
Place loaded Pizzazz® baking pan on Pizzazz® pizza oven and bake on DUAL setting for 10 minutes. Remove baking pan.
Heat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. Add onions; stir. Cover with lid to allow onions to release their liquid. Remove lid and slowly cook onions, stirring frequently, until nicely browned, 40 to 50 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar during last 10 minutes. Remove to plate. In same pan, lightly sauté spinach until just wilted. Remove from heat.
Spread Alfredo sauce on crust leaving 1-inch rim. Arrange caramelized onions over sauce. Top with spinach. Sprinkle pine nuts. Add salt and generous amount of pepper. Top with crumbled blue cheese.
Place loaded Pizzazz® baking pan on Pizzazz® pizza oven and bake on LOWER setting for 5 minutes. Finish on DUAL setting for 5 minutes until blue cheese is melted.
For a beautifully browned crust, brush oil on crust while baking.