Spicy Chicken Strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Combine buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow bowl. Add chicken strips and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Combine bread crumbs, salt, remaining black pepper, and cayenne pepper in another shallow bowl; stir in oil.
Remove chicken strips from marinade and discard marinade. Drop strips, a few at a time, into crumb mixture. Press crumbs onto strips for even and secure coating. Place a single layer of chicken strips, about half, in the AirDaddy® air fryer basket. Cook at 350° for 12 minutes. Cook remaining strips when first batch is complete.