Spicy Chicken Sandwich with Asian Slaw
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 4 ounces each
- Asian Slaw (see recipe below)
- Sriracha Spread (see recipe below)
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 sandwich rolls, cut in half crosswise
Mix buttermilk, sriracha, and cayenne in a plastic resealable bag or non-reactive container. Add chicken, turning to coat thoroughly. Seal container and refrigerate two hours (can be marinated for up to 24 hours).
Prepare Asian Slaw and Sriracha Spread. Set aside.
Preheat oil in Presto® electric deep fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep dryer, set at 350°. Mix flours, pepper, salt, paprika, baking powder, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder in another resealable bag. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Drop chicken into the seasoning mixture. With top sealed, shake bag so pieces are evenly coated.
Fry chicken until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Do not crowd fryer. Remove from oil and drain.
Assemble sandwiches by spreading Sriracha Spread on each side of the cut rolls. Place a chicken thigh on each roll and top with Asian Slaw.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for amount of oil needed.