Spiced Brown Butter Glaze
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted, and chopped
Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. When melted, continue to heat over moderate heat until butter begins to brown. Watch carefully. Remove from heat as soon as butter reaches a golden brown color. It will move quickly from golden to black (burnt) if not watched. Let cool.
Sift sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a small bowl. Gradually mix in cooled butter, vanilla, and enough milk for desired consistency. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over glazed doughnuts.