Salmon Steaks Moutarde
- 4 small salmon steaks, 1-inch thick (thawed)*
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh thyme OR 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Spread each steak with 1 tablespoon mustard. Press 1 thyme sprig into the mustard on each steak or sprinkle with dried thyme. Heat oil in Presto® pressure cooker on medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Stir in wine and bay leaf. Place steaks on cooking rack or in steamer basket in cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 2 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once. Carefully remove steaks and rack. Keep steaks warm. Discard bay leaf. Mix 2 tablespoons mustard with cornstarch; stir into hot liquid in cooker. Heat until sauce boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with salmon steaks.
*Other thick fish such as halibut may be used.