- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
With cooking pot in Presto® Electric Pressure Cooker Plus, select BROWN to preheat cooker. Add oil; brown pork pieces on two sides. Press CANCEL. Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, adobo seasoning, salt, and pepper in blender; purée until smooth. Pour over pork. Close cover. Place quick pressure release valve on vent pipe. Select MEAT-ROAST and adjust time to 50 minutes. When time is up, allow pressure to drop of its own accord. Press CANCEL. Remove pork to cutting board. Remove and discard any fat or connective tissue. Using two forks, shred meat; set aside.
Skim excess fat from surface of the sauce. Select SAUTÉ. Stir tomato paste into sauce. Heat until sauce boils and thickens. Press CANCEL. Return shredded pork to cooking pot; stir until pork is evenly coated with sauce. Let stand until meat has absorbed most of the sauce, 10 to 15 minutes.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Pressure Cookers.