Orange Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Topping
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Fit Professional SaladShooter® slicer/shredder with Ripple or Thick Slice Cone. Slice sweet potatoes into a large pot and add enough water just to cover potatoes. Parboil for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain potatoes; cool. Arrange sweet potatoes in prepared baking dish.
Mix orange juice, rum, brown sugar, salt, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl. Pour over sweet potatoes. Fit SaladShooter® with Shred Cone and shred pecans into a small bowl; stir in butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over sweet potatoes. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes until bubbly.