- 1/2 cup giardiniera, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole, pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole, pitted green olives chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Combine giardiniera, olives, peppers, parsley, capers, garlic, oil, and vinegar in a non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight to develop flavors.
For more variety, try this recipe with different breads such as focaccia or other flatbreads.
Giardiniera is usually found with pickles and olives in the grocery store. Mortadella may not be available in all regions. Substitute with additional salami and/or ham.