Nutty Chicken Bites
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/8-inch strips
Preheat oil in a Presto® electric deep fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°.
Put peanuts in a medium shallow bowl; set aside. Combine cornstarch, sugar, and ginger in another small shallow bowl; whisk in egg whites and lemon juice. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture, then coat with peanuts. Drop a few chicken bites at a time into the deep fryer. Fry for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for amount of oil needed.