Nutty Chicken Bites
Makes about 25
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/8-inch strips
Preheat oil in a Presto® Electric Deep Fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°.
Put peanuts in a medium shallow bowl; set aside. Mix cornstarch, sugar, and ginger in a small shallow bowl; whisk in egg whites and lemon juice. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture, then coat with peanuts. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for amount of oil needed.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Deep Fryers.