New England Clambake
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 2 or 3 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 16 to 20 fresh/live littleneck clams, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or as desired, divided
- 1 tablespoon each fresh chopped herbs such as parsley, chives, oregano, thyme, chervil (substitute with 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs), divided
- 1 (8- to 10-ounce) cold water lobster tail, split in half
- 4 to 6 jumbo sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into thin slices
- 1 ear corn-on-the-cob, cut into four 1 1/2-inch pieces
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Pour water in Presto® 6- or 8-quart Pressure Cooker. Add bay leaf, garlic, potatoes and onions. Spread clams evenly over potatoes and onions. Sprinkle with salt.
Sprinkle lobster with herbs and salt and lay over clams. Sprinkle scallops with herbs and salt and layer in cooker. Place thinly sliced butter over the top of the lobster and scallops. Add corn. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 4 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once. Serve hot in large bowls with a lemon wedge.
Note: Large shrimp in shells may be substituted for lobster tail.