Mexican Corn Fritters
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned green chiles, drained
Preheat oil in Presto® electric deep fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in eggs, corn, red pepper, onion and chiles. Drop by level tablespoon into hot oil. Fry about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, turning if necessary, until brown. Serve hot.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for the amount of oil needed.