Lemon Herbed Chicken
4 to 6 servings
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut up
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Presto® 4-, 6-, or 8-quart Pressure Cooker. Sauté onion and garlic until tender; remove. Brown chicken a few pieces at a time; set aside. Return all chicken, onion, and garlic to pressure cooker. Add broth, lemon juice, parsley, celery leaves, oregano, and basil to cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. COOK 8 MINUTES at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once.
Remove chicken to a warm dish. Add olives to liquid and heat. Blend together flour and cold water; add to hot broth. Cook and stir liquid until thickened. Pour sauce over chicken.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Pressure Cookers.