Korean-style Barbecued Ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds St. Louis-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Trim excess fat from ribs.
With cooking pot in Presto® Electric Pressure Cooker Plus, select BROWN to preheat cooker. Add oil; brown ribs on 2 sides. Press CANCEL. Whisk ketchup, rice vinegar, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, fish sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a bowl until mixed. Pour water and half of the sauce over the ribs in the cooking pot. Close cover. Place quick pressure release valve on vent pipe. Select MEAT-CHOP/RIB and cook for 25 minutes. When time is up, allow pressure to drop of its own accord.
Remove ribs to a baking sheet. Brush ribs generously with reserved sauce. Place ribs under broiler for approximately 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Short ribs can be used in place of spare ribs. For short ribs, select MEAT-CHOP/RIB and adjust time to 30 minutes.