- 3 quarts popped Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Popping Corn, unpopped kernels removed
- 1 cup dried apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 250°F. Using a Presto® popcorn popper, prepare popcorn as directed, removing any unpopped kernels. In a large bowl, combine popcorn, apples, raisins, and peanuts; set mixture aside. Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue to boil to the firm ball stage (248°F), about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spices and baking soda. Pour hot caramel over popcorn mixture and stir to distribute. Place caramel corn in a large shallow sheet pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Popping Corn.