Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Toasted Nuts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in Presto® Electric Skillet at Warm until melted. Add nuts, sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Heat at 300° until toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove; coarsely chop when cool. Reserve.
Reduce heat to 200°. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, shallot, and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add green beans, stirring to coat with butter. Add broth; cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and beans are crisp-tender, about 7 to 9 minutes. Toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle with blue cheese and reserved nuts. Toss to warm slightly.
Recipe from Eclectic Electric Skillet Cookbook
This recipe can be doubled for a 16-inch Electric Skillet.