Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Corn Salsa (see recipe below)
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 1 pound mild fish, such as cod, halibut, or tilapia, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Make Corn Salsa. Preheat oil in Presto® Electric Deep Fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°. Beat egg and water in a small bowl. Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip fish in egg mixture, draining excess. Place fish in flour mixture and coat evenly. Shake off excess.
Fry fish until golden brown, about 3 1/2 minutes. Do not crowd fryer. Drain on paper towels.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish and salsa evenly among tortillas. Serve with Corn Salsa.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for the amount of oil needed.