Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Corn Salsa (see recipe below)
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 1 pound mild fish, such as cod, halibut, or tilapia, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Make salsa, if desired. Preheat oil in Presto® electric deep fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°. In a small bowl beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl combine flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Dip fish in egg mixture, draining excess. Place fish in flour mixture and coat evenly. Shake off excess.
Fry fish until golden brown, about 3 1/2 minutes. Do not crowd fryer. Drain on paper towels
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish and salsa evenly among tortillas. Serve simply with sliced red onion and cabbage OR with the Corn Salsa Recipe below.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for the amount of oil needed.