- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Heat oil in 6- or 8-quart Presto® Pressure Cooker over medium heat. Brown pork pieces on two sides. Add tomatoes, water, onion, garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, adobo seasoning, salt, and pepper to blender; puree until smooth. Add to pressure cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 45 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Let pressure drop of its own accord. Remove pork to cutting board and using two forks, shred meat. Remove and discard any fat or connective tissue.
Stir tomato paste into sauce in pressure cooker. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until desired thickness. Return pork to pressure cooker; stir until pork is evenly coated with sauce.