- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 8 ounces imitation crab
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dry seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Fit SaladShooter® slicer/shredder with Shred Cone and shred almonds onto waxed paper; reserve. Shred crab and water chestnuts into a large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, seasoning mix, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper sauce; mix thoroughly. Divide mixture in half and place each on a piece of wax paper. Form each half into a ball using wax paper. Wrap the waxed paper around each ball and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
Roll chilled crab balls in reserved shredded almonds. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Variation: Add 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture.