Classic Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Add chicken, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and water to Presto® 4-, 6-, or 8-quart Pressure Cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 10 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow to cool. Strain stock by pouring through a large sieve; discard solids. Return stock to cooking pot; add carrots and celery. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook 3 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. When cooking time is up, cool cooker at once. Return chicken to pressure cooker and add onions and parsley; allow to heat through.