Classic Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Add chicken, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and water to cooking pot in Presto® Electric Pressure Cooker Plus. Close cover. Place quick pressure release valve on vent pipe. Select SOUP and adjust time to 10 minutes. When time is up, allow pressure to drop of its own accord. Press CANCEL.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow to cool. Strain stock by pouring through a large sieve; discard solids. Return stock to cooking pot; add carrots and celery. Close cover. Place quick pressure release valve on vent pipe. Select VEGETABLES–HIGH and adjust time to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. When cooking time is up, use quick pressure release method. Return chicken to cooking pot, add onions and parsley; allow to heat through.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Pressure Cookers.