Chicken with Cracked Pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cracked mixed peppercorns, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brandy, optional
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onion tops
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1/4 cup packaged seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Sprinkle chicken with pepper, pressing it into the flesh. Heat oil in Presto® 4-, 6-, or 8-quart Pressure Cooker over medium heat. Brown chicken and remove. Stir chicken stock, brandy, garlic, and chives into pressure cooker. Place cooking rack (or basket) in cooker. Place chicken on rack. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. COOK 3 MINUTES at 15 pounds pressure. Let pressure drop of its own accord. Remove chicken and keep warm. Remove rack. Stir bread crumbs, lemon juice, parsley, and Worcestershire into cooking liquid and heat. Serve with chicken.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Pressure Cookers.