Chicken with Almonds and Raisins
- 3 pounds chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning blend*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted blanched almonds
- Hot cooked rice
Season both sides of chicken evenly with seasoning blend. Heat oil in Presto® 4-, 6-, or 8-quart Pressure Cooker over medium heat. Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time, and remove. Stir onions, pepper, garlic, curry powder and thyme into pan drippings. Stir in tomatoes, raisins, and water. Return chicken to pressure cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. COOK 8 MINUTES at 15 pounds pressure. Cool cooker at once. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle almonds on chicken. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Pressure Cookers.
Watch Chef Marty Cosgrove prepare Chicken with Almonds and Raisins in this video.
*Such as Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Poultry Magic® seasoning blend.