Champagne Fruit Fritters with Chocolate Amaretto Drizzle
- Chocolate Amaretto Drizzle (see recipe below)
- Vegetable oil for frying*
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold champagne
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted bite-size pieces of fruit, such as bananas, pineapple, kiwi
- Flour for coating
Make Chocolate Amaretto Drizzle, set aside.
Preheat oil in Presto® Electric Deep Fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°. Beat flour, salt, sugar, champagne, egg, and oil in a bowl until just moistened (a few lumps will remain). Keep batter cool by placing bowl on ice inside a larger bowl. Lightly coat pieces of fruit with flour. Dip fruit in batter. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Chocolate Amaretto Drizzle.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for amount of oil needed.