Carrots and Parsnips
5 servings (serving size 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
With cooking pot in Presto® Electric Pressure Cooker Plus, select SAUTÉ to preheat cooker. Add butter and melt. Add carrots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Press CANCEL. Add parsnips, broth, lemon juice, ginger, onion powder, and salt. Close cover. Place quick pressure release valve on vent pipe. Select VEGETABLES–LOW and adjust time to 5 minutes. When time is up, use quick pressure release method.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Pressure Cookers.
Try different flavor options. Instead of ground ginger, use 1/4 teaspoon dried sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary.