Black Bean Soup with Salsa Verde Pork
- Slow-cooked Salsa Verde Pork (see recipe below, prepare in advance)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups Salsa Verde Pork
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Prepare recipe for Slow-cooked Salsa Verde Pork. Reserve 3 cups for soup, refrigerate. Freeze or refrigerate remaining pork for another use.
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add celery and onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer celery mixture to the Nomad® 6- or 8-quart cooking pot. Add broth, 3 cups Salsa Verde Pork, black beans, corn, salsa, rice, lime juice, garlic salt, and cumin to the cooking pot and stir well. Cook on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 hours until heated through.
Top with crispy tortilla strips, sour cream, and/or fresh cilantro.