Apple Pear Crisp
- 2 pounds firm medium Fuji apples, peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 pounds firm medium pears, peeled and cored
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut in small pieces
- 4 ounces aged cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F. Fit Professional SaladShooter® slicer/shredder with Thick Slice Cone and slice apples and pears into a shallow 3-quart baking dish. Toss together. Mix oats, flour, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Add butter and work into mixture using a pastry cutter or fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples and pears. Bake 20 minutes.
Fit SaladShooter® with Shred Cone and shred cheddar cheese over top of oatmeal mixture. Bake another 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
Mix mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Serve crisp topped with dollop of mascarpone.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Slicer/Shredders.