Wheat Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 cup uncooked wheat berries
- 2 cups water
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1/2 cup orange juice (1 large orange)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (1 large orange)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 small green apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
With cooking pot in Presto® Electric Pressure Cooker Plus, add wheat berries and water. Close cover. Place quick pressure release valve on vent pipe. Select MULTIGRAIN and adjust time to 28 minutes. When time is up, allow pressure to drop of its own accord. Cool wheat berries to room temperature. If necessary drain excess liquid.
Whisk together orange juice, orange zest, vinegar, oil, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over cooled wheat berries and toss to coat. Allow to set for 15 minutes. Stir in apples, cranberries, and walnuts.
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Pressure Cookers.