Hearty Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 pound diced ham
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add diced peppers and blanch 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well and pat dry. Press excess liquid from thawed hash browns. If using prepackaged diced ham, pat off excess water.
Combine peppers, hash browns, ham, 1/2 cup onions, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl, set aside. Whisk together eggs, cream, garlic salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and onion powder in a large bowl. Pour over the hash brown mixture. Mix gently until blended.
Lightly coat the Nomad® 6- or 8-quart cooking pot with oil. Add hash brown mixture to the cooking pot. Spread evenly and close cover.
Cook on HIGH 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and onions on top. Cover for 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Cooked bacon crumbles or cooled, sliced sausage links can be substituted for ham. Use shredded cheese of choice.