Goat Cheese Wontons with Tomato Salsa
- Tomato Salsa (see recipe below)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup frozen, thawed, chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary OR 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying*
Mix goat cheese, spinach, rosemary, pepper, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
Place a wonton on work surface with points at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. Put 2 teaspoons of filling in center of bottom half of wonton. Brush edges with water and fold top over to form a triangle. Seal edges. Repeat with remaining filling.
Preheat oil in Presto® Electric Deep Fryer. If using an adjustable thermostat deep fryer, set at 375°.
Fry wontons until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Do not crowd fryer.Transfer fried wontons to a wire rack set over a shallow baking pan. Serve with Tomato Salsa.
*Reference your deep fryer instruction folder for amount of oil needed.
Fried wontons may be held in 200°F oven while remainder are fried.