Carrots and Parsnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 pound medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth, or water
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
Heat oil and butter in Presto® Electric Skillet at Warm until butter is melted. Add parsnips; cook at 350° for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots; cook until parsnips and carrots are brown and almost tender, about 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Reduce heat to 200°. Add broth and rosemary; simmer, covered, until vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover. Increase heat to 275°; boil until liquid is evaporated. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from Eclectic Electric Skillet Cookbook
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Skillets.