Access the complete Recipe Index
Access the Electric Multi-Cooker Recipe
Pasta with Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium garlic bulb (15 to 20 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pitted chopped kalamata olives
- 6 cups coarsely chopped plum tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces rotini or fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, as desired
Break cloves apart from garlic bulb, leaving a layer of papery skin surrounding each clove. Heat multi-cooker at 250°. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a small bowl; add cloves and toss until coated with oil. Remove cloves, reserving oil for later. Add cloves to multi-cooker; cover and cook until cloves are soft, about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove cloves using slotted spoon; cool. Remove papery skin from roasted cloves; chop cloves into a paste; reserve.
Add reserved oil plus remaining 1 tablespoon to multi-cooker; heat oil at 250°. Add olives; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Turn heat control down until pilot light goes out. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and thickened. Stir in vinegar and reserved garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add basil, salt, and pepper as desired; cook 1 minute. Serve sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Click here for more information on our line of quality Presto® Electric Multi-Cookers/Steamers